Facts about Schwarzenbach
Schwarzenbach is part of the political municipality of Jonschwil. It lies between Wil and Uzwil and is also on the main transport axis from Zurich to St Gallen. The village has 1850 inhabitants and around 1300 jobs.
The largest employer in Schwarzenbach is ALDI Suisse AG with its Swiss headquarters and Eastern Switzerland's distribution centre. There are also several logistics companies located here. In economic terms, village life is made up of a variety of industries.
In the whole municipality there are around 50 active clubs in the areas of sport, music/singing and social organisations. The availability of jobs, the good road access and public transport and the clubs and associations make Schwarzenbach an attractive place to live.
The biggest attraction in Schwarzenbach is Schwarzenbach castle, which is privately owned by the Christensen family – big cycling fans. The surroundings are of especially high quality: You can reach the countryside within five minutes from any quarter. It is well worth going for a stroll:
- along the Thur, which flows in its natural state here and is listed in the Federal Inventory of Swiss Heritage Sites
- around the idyllic Bettenauerweiher
- around the Bärensberg
- up the Wildberg to 800 metres, where there is a restaurant
Schwarzenbach and competitive cycling
Jonschwil cycling club has existed since the seventies. Young and old meet on Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday to train on a road bike or mountain bike. Between the villages of Schwarzenbach and Jonschwil there is a continuous cycle path, which serves as the route to the secondary school. This means that (almost) all secondary school students are cyclists!
The castle owner has a special connection with competitive cycling: As the owner of Saxobank he is involved in the Tinkoff-Saxo racing team. We have him to thank for the fact that Schwarzenbach is a stage location for the Tour-de-Suisse.
- Restaurant Dörflibeiz Leonardo, Dörfli 4, Schwarzenbach, Tel. 071 923 66 30
- Restaurant Rössli Lounge, Wilerstrasse 48, Schwarzenbach, Tel. 071 920 00 25
- Restaurant Hirschen, Wilerstrasse 28, Schwarzenbach, Tel. 071 923 11 66
- Bakery/Cafe Panetarium, Wilerstrasse 44, Schwarzenbach, Tel. 071 920 18 45
- Restaurant Schwarzenbacher Brücke, Flawilerstrasse 54, Schwarzenbach, Tel. 071 920 17 70
- Restaurant Wildberg, Wildberg, Jonschwil, Tel. 071 923 30 40
- Restaurant Krone, Kronenstrasse 5, Jonschwil, Tel. 071 923 11 22
For further Information: